These Hemp and Cotton Tea Towels are handmade using a beautifully woven fabric produced in India. The fabric has a lovely herringbone design, and is blended with organic cotton which has added a softer feel to the fabric.
The composition of the fabric is 55% Hemp and 45% Cotton.
The fabric has been pre-washed prior to sewing and washed again after dyeing, with almost no shrinkage noticed.
The Tea Towels have been hand dyed using Indigo, a natural plant dye. The designs have been made using Shibori folding techniques, inspired from ancient Japanese dyeing methods.
Recycled ribbon has been used as a hanging loop on the back of the Tea Towels.
The Tea Towels are a good useable size, measuring 48.26cms x 68.58cms (19 inches x 27 inches.)
Hemp and Cotton Tea Towels are absorbent and are quick drying.
Hemp has numerous environmental benefits that promote sustainability.
Hemp and Cotton are both biodegradable.
Suggested uses for the humble Tea Towel.
- Great for drying dishes.
- Placing over a bowl of freshly kneaded dough.
- Lining a bread basket and for wrapping the bread.
- Attach to your waist to form an apron.
- Use as a drying mat for glasses and dishes from the dishwasher.
- Covering food at picnics or BBQs
- Wrapping gifts, giving as a gift.
- Great house warming gift !!
Hemp and Cotton Fabric Care.
Hand wash or machine wash fabric using mild detergents. Do not bleach.
Line dry or tumble dry using lower heat settings.
Fabric may be ironed using warm/hot iron settings.